Saturday, June 8, 2013

"Age cannot wither, nor custom stale her infinite variety" (Shakespeare)

.....I've been living here in sunny (?) Florida for 31 years and I have never experienced such rainy weather as we are having now.  It has been raining heavily on-and-off for about 10 days.  This kind of weather keeps us housebound on most days since RH+ and I do not want to drive anywhere in this kind of weather even if we have a doctor's appointment--which we have fairly often.  Yesterday, por ejemplo, RH+ had an appointment at Boca Hospital for an MRA (not MRI) test on her kidneys.  Of course I accompanied her while she was called for the test.  About 30 minutes later it was an RH-- who came hyperventilating into the room where I was waiting for her, and she was 10 sheets to the wind hysterical.  The problem was the machine she was placed into was extremely narrow and had a cover that closed her in.  And then it became extremely noisy.  Well, RH-- felt as though she was in a coffin, and she discovered that she suffered from claustrophobia.  She screamed for the nurse to abort the test, and then she left to come to the waiting room where she found me.  I really don't want to go into this any longer.  Let's just say that fire and smoke described her demeanor until she once more--and it took a while--for her to become the lovely RH+ that I was accustomed to.  And so on the way home about 5pm we stopped at a Chinese Restaurant and we both had lobster Cantonese which for us was comfort food.  And we both needed a little comfort.
 
.....Now, it's the following day and still we are threatened with rain.  I have to get to the Mall to buy a pair of shoes for the wedding we are going to in NY.  I am required to wear a tuxedo to this affair and all I have is a pair of brown sandals that are comfortable to wear, but do not match very well with a tuxedo.  It's mid-afternoon now, and if it is not raining we will probably get to the Mall for shoes and perhaps dinner in the food court.  On the computer, I"ve already checked my email and the sports, and have played a few games.  And then I thought about the fact that RH+ and I will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary on June 19.  It so happens that we will be in DC on that day and perhaps we'll get to see my two sons and their significant others as well as the grandchildren they have provided us to give money to.  I'd like to get a memento for my own significantee for our 30th because I don't believe I'll be around for our 40th.  If I just happen to be wrong about that, at my age then (99), I doubt if I'll give a damn about anything except how I'll get to reach 100 and do an Argentinian tango on the dance floor with Rhoda(85).  Whoever reads this is invited to the party.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment