Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"I would rather be right than President" (Henry Clay)

.....…..By the way, I have not been watching the Republican Convention because it would scare me, but my body shuts it down.   I’m already scared enough to think that these two guys may be running the country for the next eight years.  I believe I am familiar enough with their objectives: 1.Repeal the Obama health care act; 2.After getting their own judges on the Supreme Court, repeal Roe V. Wade and take away the right of women to make decisions about their own bodies; 3.Change Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security as we know it now; 4. Reduce taxes on the wealthiest so that they can be more wealthy; 5.Bring back restrictions on Gays in the military; 6.Pass an amendment to the Constitution barring same sex marriages 7; Repeal Obama’s Dream Act for young illegals born and raised as Americans. 8; Build a fence on the Mexican border high enough so that pole vaulters cannot get in here.9.Deport millions of illegal immigrants who have lived and worked here as good citizens for many years.  I have an idea of who will vote for R&R (Rich & Rabid)…but as many of you have guessed, I won’t...don't ask, don't tell.

.....I certainly do not mean to offend any of my readers who think Obama hasn't accomplished anything, and they can voice their objections to him by leaving a comment at the end of this posting.  I do know several friends, neighbors,students, and former colleagues who plan to vote for Rich and Rabid, and that is their right. It's still a free country--in spite of what the tea party believes.  However, my Republican friends must keep in mind that Obama has saved the auto industry in this country; he has passed an affordable health bill (which no other President could do); he has eliminated our worst enemy by agreeing to the bold mission as he has a right to do as Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces; and he is a breath of fresh air as President with his personality and his lovely family.  He has tried to pass a Dream Act, but when you have to deal with the Party of No, it becomes difficult to accomplish anything.  I can't think of anything that GOP presidents have accomplished for the good of this great country.

4 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netSeptember 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

    Yes, Baron, precisely so. If the country is daft enough to throw your excellent President out, in my view it's finished. "Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. (GOP) President Eisenhower, for the good of this great country, began the construction of the interstate highway system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, to his credit, I'll give him that--but not to Republicans. Democrats controlled both houses of Congress; so they were not like the Party of NO. Besides the idea of the Interstate Highway did not originate with Eisenhower, and he was a General, not a politician; he drank coffee, not TEA. I met him personally at Columbia University, and we had a long chat. Great guy, unlike his VP, Nixon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netSeptember 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

    Hey!! I drink tea, but I'm not crazy yet...or at any rate not politically crazy. Eisenhower, although a Republican for whom I would not have voted, was a statesman, not an ignorant charlatan and opportunist. It's the same over here: Mr Cameron is an appalling man and politician, but the late Harold MacMillan, although I'd never have voted for him either, was likewise a statesman who had the good of the country at heart. We live in ugly times. It is, for example, tragic that we have been severed from Unca Phil by these vicissitudes. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete