Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Is the Revolution Over?

.....I've recently gone back to writing posts for this blog simply because I'm up against a wall with my Great American Famous Unknown Novel.  I have to take the characters somewhere, and I've got several places I would like to take them, but there is a load of research involved and that takes up a lot of my time.  I don't know if I can ever finish this book.  I've sent sample chapters out to a few relations and friends, but with barely any responses,so thus far it must not have stirred any hearts and minds...only blahs.  Blahs have never been sufficient for me.  That's why I've had a relatively brief career on the HLI stage...now no one to give me the claps.  A lot of brand new faces around that I have never seen before, so I'm sure very few are left who have seen my soul stirring performances in productions like The Mikado, Music Man, etc.  The turnover in this community has been vast.  Many well-wishers and breakaleg comrades have passed on to that big stage in the sky.  


.....As the days go by now, there is difficulty in figuring out what to do, except to make doctors' appointments.  That's what happens when you get on in the years.  I try to keep my brain active, but my body lags behind.  I have a doctor for almost every ailment that has been invented...I said almost--not every.  There is the internist, the dermatologist, the orthopedist, the cardiologist, the pulmonologist, the psychiatrist, the podiatrist, and the pedacurist.  They are all skilled and educated people who have a bad habit of making you wait 45 minutes past your appointment time.  When you go to checkin counter to find out what's going on, the answers are as follows: "The doctor is running late." (No kidding?) Or, "Oh, the doctor had an emergency appendectomy." 
So, where is he now, I might ask. "He's in the hospital."  So, I might ask why I've been made to sit in this waiting room without anyone coming out to tell me what is going on.
Well, again, this is what you have to contend with as the years creep on.  


.....It's been over a year since I've been to a movie.  It appears to me that film is now geared to the younger set who are able to contend with the 3D glasses one must now wear in order to have monsters or whatever to jump from the screen onto your lap.  Since I wear distance lenses, these monsters never really reach me, so perhaps reading lenses might help.  I'll have to try it.  That is, if I ever feel the need to go to a movie.  I can see one on my TV for five bucks.  Well, have a safe and sane 4th my friends...especially sane.

2 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJuly 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

    Poor Baron, you have a hard life! However, I have some news for you that might cheer you up. The BBC are doing some of Shakespeare's Histories, and the first one was shown last Saturday evening. It was "Richard II." It was wonderful. They are about to show Henry IV Part One, Henry IV Part Two, and Henry V. I can't wait! Get hold of these as soon as you can. Manny my son assures me you can get them now over the Internet, but if that's not possible for you, I expect they'll be out on DVD in no time! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not missing much at the movies. They are mostly computer generated, and way to loud, even for my hard of hearing self. once in a while a good movie comes out, but with prices so high, I usually wait to get them on DVD.

    ReplyDelete