Thursday, May 10, 2012

"If I chance to talk a little wild, forgive me; I had it from my father." (HenryVIII)

.....Well, now I see that this blog is packing a serious punch.  No doubt President Obama read my blog yesterday and immediately pronounced his approval of gay marriages.  I had no clue that my denouncing the law passed in North Carolina which added to the state's constitution an amendment declaring that a legal marriage was between "one man and one woman" would reach so high up the political ladder.  Now maybe some Republicans will venture to read my blog.  Nah; won't matter, they still will not want everyone in America to get health care, nor will they want any such thing as a "Dream Act" to pass in Congress whereby the children of illegal immigrants can become citizens if they go to college or serve in the military.  And Mitt who has millions and little else is the man so many people want to see in the White House instead of President Obama who has brains?  They really would like to see a Plutotheocracy government?  Somebody call me a cab.

.....For those who may still be concerned about my health, I just got a clean bill from my cardiologist.  My blood pressure is always good and my cholesterol is about 116.  So, I'm healthy.  My problem is primarily physical; I need a cane to get around, but I can't get around too far, and when I do get around, I feel like a turtle.  And I'm a guy who has run a 4 1/2 hour marathon (or was it 5 hours?) Anyway, I do have a picture of me crossing the finish line.  I kept looking for Rhoda, but she went to the emergency tent to find out what happened to me.

.....It's official now, my pregnant granddaughter is in the Navy, my grandniece is in the Marine Corps, and my grandnephew has been accepted by the Air Force when he graduates high school.  So, the family has all the bases covered, and will have taken over the job that Robin, Rich, Jon, my dad, and I were privy to--awhile back.  And this will be one thing to remember on Memorial Day besides the honoring of the boys who didn't make it back from WWI, WWII, the Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and all the other wars Americans have fought.  And I think it about time that our politicians would get their heads on straight, and the tea partyers switch to chocolate milk and also do something for their country other than the nasty bickering with exchanges of TV ads.

.....And for those few who may not like what I've written--it doesn't make them bad persons.

4 comments:

  1. Our family(nuclear and extended)understand what it meant to be a patriot, something the politicians have forgotten in their thirst for power, and want to stay in their cushy jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also:

    1) Your grandniece and grandnephew's father (your nephew), Mark, served in the Navy.
    2) Your son served the U.S. Government on Army and Air Force bases overseas (even played for the U.S. Armed Forces Southern Command Soccer Team).
    3) Your daughter-in-law taught for many years overseas in the Department of Defense Schools system (even had to be evacuated from an impending war zone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMay 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

    Yes indeed Jon, but we should be happy that the Baron is well and able to pronounce with vigour (?vigor) on the great issues of the day. Also, happy that there is still freedon of speech in our respective countries, a blessing denied many people in the world. Even the demise of Marxism/Leninism in the then USSR hasn't helped the average Russian all that much in that regard.
    Cuzzin Norman - in accordance with your request, I hereby call you "a cab." And so glad your family is prospering. Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most important - ALL HAIL THE RED BARON WHO HAS ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED THE IMPOSSIBLE AND IS ON HIS WAY TO NEW RECORDS. I don't know anyone except NR who fought his way back from a walker and a scooter to a cane and is working to dispense with the stick.

    My dearest friend, your courage has never been in question, tut you have exceeded the highest projections while retaining your love of life and the loves of your life.

    All power to you, Original Ross. I look forward to your 100th birthday which we can celebrate with a 5 mile jog (or would a log be more appropriate?). Whatever, keep up the good work, buddy!

    ReplyDelete