Saturday, September 11, 2010

"This disease is beyond my practice." (Macbeth)

.....I've plumb lost things to write about, so this post will be about nothing. During the two days of Rosh Hashanah Rh+ and I went out to dinner on both nights. On night number one we went with a group of 13 to TooJays. I had the London Broil with a potato pancake. The highlight of the night was seeing Gov. Crist who came over to our table to say hello. He's running for Senator in November against the Republican, Scott and the Democrat, Cink. Crist is running as an Independent and is leading in all the polls. The second night we went to dinner at Snappers, a sea food emporium with two other couples. We had a round table and thus easy to converse with everyone. The place was half empty. So that's out of the way and I can continue to write about nothing.

.....Yesterday in the Sun-Sentinel we found an article about my niece, Shayne, who has written, directed, and is starring in a movie called "The Incubus"--another horror film. It is playing in ten theaters here in South Florida and I don't know how many more around the country. Shayne is my sister's granddaughter who has red hair and also writing and acting talent. It seems, then, that she has a gene or two of mine--or is it from my father? Talent appears to run in the family, which is not a bad thing. We don't know if we are going to see that movie because we are not too fond of horror movies. Well, let's tell the truth; we hate them. We may have to be happy just watching the previews on the UTube.

.....Continuing with the theme of nothing on this blog involves our trip to our doctor yesterday. RH+ is a little RH- these days. She has a lingering cough left over from a bout with bronchitis and her energy and appetite are non-existent. We are both depressed. Her appointment was for 2:30pm. At 3:00pm she was called in by a nurse who took her weight and blood pressure. I joined her in a room and was told that the doctor would be in "shortly". At 3:30 we were still waiting for him to show up. If it were I, I would have been long gone, but Rho did need to see the doctor badly. To make a long story short, the doctor told her to use the nebulizer twice a day, and he gave her a puffer that she needed to use twice a day also. We are hoping that this treatment will help her to get well.

4 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netSeptember 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

    Dear Cuz, when you say that both you and Rh+ are depressed, I do hope you mean just miserable, and not suffering from clinical depression. Do please let me know how you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baron, you must order the Baroness to put her mind to full recovery. The mind has a great effect on bodily functions. Otherwise, we would both be playing poker with Teddy Rosenfeld.

    What is left of my blood boils when I hear that people who do not feel well (otherwise they would not be in a doctor's office) are treated with sandpaper instead of kid gloves.

    Btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR to those who believe that this year is 5771, and do the best you can to atone for your many sins most of which are probably venal.
    SERIOUSLY, it is VERY important that you and Rhoda stabilize your health and set a good example for the rest of us Golden Agers.

    "Grow old along with me
    The best is yet to be."

    Even though life is always 6-5 against, you can make it happen and set a good example for generations yet to come. Up the Clan Ross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellin Bliss Jaeger (North Shore '58)September 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM

    Thinking of you at the the New Year, hoping you both improve in physical and mental health. I like the non-traditional Rosh Hashahah meals, I was in Portland, OR with the kids, we made do with "barbecued brisket." I will never forget (was I in 7th grade?) when I returned after the holiday to learn that both you and Dr. Hartman were off for the holidays!) Never suspected it since Jews were pretty rare at NSHS at that time, students and faculty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very accomplished young lady. ================================== and by the way, good yuntiff!!

    ReplyDelete