Monday, September 20, 2010

"Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player.." (Macbeth)

".....In my next life I want to start out backwards.
You start out dead and get that out of the way.

Then you wake up in an old people's home
Feeling better every day.

You get kicked out for being too healthy,
go collect your pension, and then when
you start work, you get a gold watch
And a party on your first day.

You work for 40 years until you're young
enough to enjoy your retirement.

You party, drink alcohol and are
generally promiscuous, then are
ready for high school.

You then go to primary school
you become a kid, you play.
You have no responsibilities,
you become a baby until you
are born. And then you spend
your last 9 months floating in
luxurious spa like conditions with
central heating and room service
on tap, larger quarters every day,
and then Voila!
You finish off as an orgasm."

.....and then Woody Allen says, "I rest my case."

,,,,,Baron believes that this is a unique idea, and very philosophical, although a bit unscientific. I like the part where you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. I don't mind missing the party as long as gold is worth $1275 an ounce.
The idea that you must work for 40 years kind of turns me off. I presume, though, that at the end of 40 years you are 40 years younger; then you could really enjoy your retirement. The promiscuous part is also not too shabby. I do wonder why Woody had nothing to say about marriage. Ah well, I enjoyed every one of Woody Allen's movies and I wouldn't mind seeing them over again.

.....Now that the holiday is over, the next auspicious event we have to look forward to is Allyson's Bat Mitzvah in November. I told RH+ several months ago that I did not want to fly another minute. If we had to go to Virginia, or New York, or California that we would drive. Now driving is out of the question for several reasons that I won't dwell upon. And so we will be flying to New York in November. It's going to be a "black tie" event and I'll have to wear my tuxedo.
I tried it on yesterday. The shirts and vest and jacket fit fine, but the pants need to be let out about an inch. They are too snug for dancing. Oh, I forgot; I can't dance either.

No comments:

Post a Comment