Thursday, August 6, 2015

",,,not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters." (Seneca)

.....Once upon a time I was connected to Trish Ravitz whose dad was a member of Fleet Airwing 7. Well I received an email from her today to say "Hello". She said she found me on my blog. I didn't know that anyone was looking for me.. But I'm glad she found me--alive! I say "alive" because I suspect that FAW-7 has been decimated by old age. Trish's dad has passed away.  Anyway, I was very happy to hear from her, and it made my day.  I am connected to one guy who was on our flight crew--Hal Mack, that is.  I don't know if Trish knows him. The rest of my crewmates are gone--unfortunately. Hal is a terrific guy, but I very much doubt that he reads my blog in order for him to increase his terrificness.  Amazing! Trish, I love you--   Rosie
(nee Baron Von Rosieberg)

.....Received news today via Bonny that Sean's grandfather passed away.  Of course, he once was Bonny's father-in-law and I am fairly certain that Gene was in his late 90s. I knew Gene very well when Bonny was married to Sean's dad, and I and my very own -ex saw him and Sean's grandmother quite often in those days. But "those days" are water under the bridge. (I wonder who made that up?) Well life goes on, and those who don't know, Sean is my grandson.

,,,,,I've been able to type fairly well these days without making a lot of mistakes, and thus I am able to work on my blog without getting really very angry and go around the house cursing at computers, keyboards, printers, Facebook, and Tweedle Dum. However, the doctors I have visited recently have given me a clean bill of health. I even feel healthy, and I have all my mental acuity to go along with it.  If you can recall how you once felt in your 40s, well that's the way I feel.  And since I have all my hair, people don't believe I'm 91. Neither do I.  I attribute my age to the running I used to do when my legs worked. I was used to taking one aspirin and running 10 miles a day for many years after the war. We will observe how far I can go now...maybe even to 92!!




4 comments:

  1. I look forward to celebrating with you when you turn 92.
    And thanks for the nod to Gene. He was a good man and a good grandad to Sean. As you are!! Sean is a very lucky guy to have had him around so long and you even longer! Cheers to grandpas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There lived a man named Norm
    Who worked out to stay in form
    He fought and taught
    Saw the light so he might
    In retirement write and delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob, I appreciate the fact that you worked long and hard on this creative effort. The rimes are extraordinary. And I really mean extra-ordinary!!

      Delete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netAugust 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM

    Oh Baron, dear, how pleased I am that you are well, and able to type fluently again, and can properly enjoy the bustle of the world, and memories of the past.
    And I'm sure my husband would endorse your views on grandpas, since our granddaughter Joanie, 22 months old now, is currently his number one person, and he spoils her rotten!
    Bonny - my condolences to your son: and also to you, if you still had any kind feelings towards and social connection with your ex's family.

    Love to all, Cousin Ruth

    ReplyDelete