Tuesday, February 10, 2015

.....Of a sudden my computer went wacky.  Since I'm teaching Hamlet, this is going mad as well.  I can't email JR to see if he has a cure because I cnt geeeeeet to my email.  So, here goes JR: My whole monitor screen moved to the right and I have a two-inch wide black column running down the left side of my monitor screen, and the whole screen moved two inches to the right.  If there is any text, it can't be read because it runs off the right side of the monitor screen!  And what's that all about? I'm from the "Greatest Generation" and so what I know about computors can fit into a thimble.  Thus I have to call on a "Baby Boomer" to see if he can get my screen to move back to the left.  He can send email to RH+.
 
A FEW DAYS LATER:
 
.....Called in a techie from Comcast and he fixed it in a jiffy.  Then the next bump in the road was me.  Of a sudden my voice sounded as tho I was talking underwater in a pool.  RH+ insisted that I call 911, and since I knew the medics would take me right to the hospital I told her that the strange words being discarded from my mouth would soon pass. Nevertheless a shower of tears from her made me change my views and so we called 911 and shonuff they carted me off to the hospital and I stayed two days. I was given every test invented before they released me. It was determined that I had a TIA.......I don't want to talk about it anymore except to say that RH+ stayed true to her name.
 
A FEW DAYS LATER:
 
.....Now I had to get busy editing some documents for the NORMAN ROSS & RHODA ROSS TRUST.  This trust will contain our wills & last testaments, our power of attorneys, etc., etc.  We have a trust so that our executor will not have to suffer probate when both of us pass. If you could read the legalize involved, your head would spin & you would necessarily need a psychiatrist.  And o yes--I had to abort my Shakespeare class because I never learned how to teach 3 students.  I have so much to do now that I will have to put this blog on hold for a few days.

9 comments:

  1. JR, I would like to have you send my log book to me. I want to have it framed. I am sorry to have to ask you this for the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netFebruary 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM

    Oh dear, Baron, sorry to hear that you've had a TIA. Do you know the F.A.S.T. self-help emergency procedure? If not, Google it - it's important. Stay as well as you can. Love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two daughters are coming here for my birthday, and bringing one musical husband and one artistic son. When Lt. Col (Retired) Robin comes. She once worked for Jeb as Executive Director of the Florida Dep't. of Veterans" Affairs, once an Ass't. Secretary of Labor and once worked for Pres. Bush as Secretary of Memorial Affairs.(In charge of all VA cemeteries). Bonny is a Champion Dog Groomer, Don is a Champion Guitarist, andSean is an; artist. Right now, I'm nothing, but on my way to 91 on 2/27. If you would like to join this talented group and us you are invited unconditionally. I'm planning for Massimo's on the 27th. Sorry, no room for Helen. Tell her to come on Halloween.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see you pop! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netFebruary 16, 2015 at 12:14 AM

    Oh dear, Baron, I've got depression again. Sympathy please!
    I've put a birthday card for you in the post - last week some time, I think. Hope it reaches you in time! Cuz Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ruthie, Thank you for the lovely birthday card. I really appreciate the thought. The good news is that Bonny & Robin are coming in to celebrate my 91st. What's going on here!! See what you have in front of you? Knock off the depression; life is a wonder don't waste it depressed;

    ReplyDelete
  6. .....and another thing. I cannot continue with as many posts to my blog as you're used to. I've already written about 600 of them. No--with age--I make too many errors that take too much time to fix. So be it. I recently attempted to teach a class in Hamlet, but only three people showed up, so I had to abort the class after buying 10 books @ $6 each. I don't know how to teach 3 people. I used to get from 45 to 60 registered, but the new millennia generation prefers sunning by the pool. Now I'm depressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netFebruary 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM

    Thanks for good wishes, Baron dear! No, don't you get depressed, you've got enough on your plate with your PTSD, your COPD, your mobility, etc.! Regrettably, my depression is chronic, and is a legacy of the bad and traumatic time I had 33 years ago during my third confinement. Even with all medical advances, childbirth is still a dangerous business for women. Since you have so kindly urged me, I will do my utmost to get past this episode of the malady: sometimes I can do it reasonably quickly, but sometimes it takes a long time. I see my doctor next Monday, and itm am putting my Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques into full-on mode!
    Of course, one can't be suffering from post-natal depression 33 years after the event, so I've come to view my affliction as a sort of PTSD. As I keep telling you, childbirth is a woman's war! And I quote the "Medea" again: "I would rather stand in the line of battle ten times than bear one child!" Says it all, really.
    If you can't continue writing your blog with such frequency as before, do please take time now and then to email me, letting me know how you're doing. You're the best pen-pal I've ever had! Much love, Cuz Ruth

    Mike (H) - are you there? Say something that'll make me laugh, pleeeeease! Cuz Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I remember my father saying to me, :Listen, Stupid."
      He always called me, " Listen." (Drum roll, please)
      Please feel better, Rooting for you, Cuz Ruth.
      Mike Herbstman

      Delete