Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"The time is out of joint" (Hamlet)

.....Ok, so I haven't posted anything on this blog for a few days.  Been very busy with other things.  Such as preparing to teach a Fun With Shakespeare class since 2009.  I've been planning to teach Hamlet, my favorite of his plays.  Perhaps I see some of me in Hamlet.  I think that meeting the ghost of his father is a PTSD experience.  Actually, I'm not in any way anxious to meet a ghost of any sort.  Since 2009 it seems that the residents of this community have changed from an educated 55+ group to one that is solely interested in sitting by the pools and discussing restaurants they've discovered and doctors.  I am used to having as many as 45 senior students.  This time only 8 have registered.  I aimed for at least 12 before I would teach a class, but what the hell, 8s ok I've decided because I like teaching Hamlet.  So getting involved in this venture is what has interrupted my attention to this blog.  Just expect a little more time between each posting.
.....Now, about ISIS and other terrorists groups who entertain themselves by shooting "infidels" and/or lopping off heads.  So what's the problem with these heads of state? (no pun intended. OK so it's intended) ,,,,,,Don't they see what's coming and the need to do something about it, Now?  If I were a king of some country--say like ours perhaps.  Constitution or not, if some citizen decided to join the Muslim thugs, he should not be permitted to return in order to commit his (or her) thuggery  They are traitors, and what have we done to traitors since the Revolutionary War?  So, if we know who you are, and you leave the country, and you learn how to become
a S.O.B, don't expect to return.  What's wrong with that?
.....My ex sister-in-law is in a bad way now.  Perhaps her time has come--as it comes to everyone.  I really like and respect Norma and the news I get is that she is under hospice at home...in California. If I needed to know, I would know that she is at least two years older than I, and I hope she will recover from whatever it is she is suffering from, and stay with her nieces, Robin and Bonny--and her sister Thelma for a few more years.  Ninety something is too young to leave us.

2 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJanuary 21, 2015 at 12:08 AM

    Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, dear Baron, and I wish her such healing and comfort as may be available to her.
    I wish I were in your class of eight! "We few, we happy few.." (tho' that's Henry V not Hamlet) seems the apt quotation here.
    Muslim barbarity? It's happened in France, and that's so close to us here. And we have millions of Muslims, vipers in our bosom, here in the UK. Jewish people now talk of there being no long-term future for us here. It's dreadful. It's only a matter of time before there's an anti-Semitic atrocity on this sceptred isle (Richard II.) The British establishment likes us and wants us to stay: the question is whether or not the situation is already beyond their control. Bad scene. Well, a Jew always has to be ready to move on.
    I'd like to emigrate to Toronto and spend winters in Mexico, but I can't afford it. Maybe instead I'll find a south or central American republic that's got a short sharp way with people who can't behave themselves. Is the Enlightenment doomed when people like me start thinking that way? Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, 90 something is too young to leave us! We will give her your regards when we see her in a few days.

    ReplyDelete