Sunday, August 4, 2013

"The Moving Finger writes, and having writ moves on..." Omar Kayyam"

 

....Here in Huntington Lakes there has been a show produced by residents every year for 30 years.  Some of the shows were "book" shows, a show once produced on Broadway, and some of the shows were written by residents.  Those shows were not in the same character as the book shows.  I performed in most every one of the shows and was the primary actor in all the book shows.  That was a lot of work, but fun.  It was like a new career.  But this year the Board of Directors rejected a resident's show, and so for the first time in 30 years there was to be no shows.

....I felt that a resident's show had become traditional, and that is something like "history" and thus cannot be ignored.  So I decided to write a show, a task I have never attempted before, and I thought that the residents here would enjoy hearing the songs of WWII in a USO setting.  I brought the idea to the BOD and they approved what I intended to do, a minor miracle.  The show is scheduled for March 28-30.  Rhoda will be my Stage Manager and she's very good at what she does.  Only problem at the moment is having to direct rehearsals in the morning and I am not a "morning person".

.....I'm going to be busy writing a script for the show, and I can't do that before we have auditions.  But still there are things to do which means I probably will not have enough time for writing posts for this blog as often as I am used to--but still I do hope to write them from time to time as long as there is something to write about.  I've been doing this since 2007 and I have published all of this blog in eleven books which no one buys.  Some day they will be best sellers and they will make a movie about me, or a circus.

 







 

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netAugust 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

    Great, Baron! Have fun and stay as well as possible!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You're a gem and I'm blessed to have you in my life--uh, I mean my blog life--which is the same.

      Delete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netAugust 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

    Thanks, Baron! Maybe one day we'll meet. But not right now - I'm having fun in Kos!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete