Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"O I have passed a miserable night." (WS)

.....It''s been awhile since I have written a post to this blog, and I hold myself accountable   for this omission.  I know I have a few loyal readers who like to tune in upon occasion and I would not like to lose them.  The fact is that I am injured and have not been inclined to writing.  In order to cure one of my problems I have been submitted to hyerbarack oxygen treatments every day.  Hopefully it will be successful.  The other day I had a weird dream which resulted in a fall.  I dreamed that I was in the clubhouse ballroom and Iwas locked in and all the lights were turned out.  It was pitch black and no knocking the door was successful.  Still dreaming, for some odd reason, I decided to go to the bathroom, so I picked up my walker and promptly fell because the walker collapsed.  It wasn't a real walker you see! Then the action took place in another part of a room, and I was crawling on the floor to find a way to get home.

.....This was a dream, but in reality I was crawling on my bedroom floor trying to get to my walker.  I was completely unsuccessful.  I spent the night sleeping on the floor and when I woke, there were blood stains all over the carpet.  I was wary that Rhoda--when she returned from New York would turn the lights out when she saw this!  My aide said  we have to call 911, and so we did.  When the rescue guys came they promptly brought me to the hospital where they dressed the wounds I had on my knees and took tests to see if there was any problem as a result of my fall.  I came home the same day.  I was mortified by this dream.  It isn't often that I "walk" in a dream.  While I did sleep on the carpet all night, failing to get to the bathroom, I could have used a pillow and a blanket, but the dream provided no such thing.  In the real world I could have had what I was dreaming about.  Oh hes, my aide cleaned up the bloodstains with peroxide.  Amazing.


4 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJune 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM

    Poor cuzzin Baron! You have had a wretched time of it!
    Quoting WS again? How about a change: WS Gilbert: "When you're lying awake with a dismal headache and repose is taboo'd by anxiety: I assume you may use any language you choose to indulge in, without impropriety!" For some reason the troubled sleep into which the character who sings these words finally falls reminds me of the very nasty experience you had. Take good care! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent decision to retain the shag carpet in the bedroom instead of replacing it with hardwood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellin Bliss Jaeger (North Shore '58)June 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM

    Thanks for gathering your strength to give us an update. Hope you are not suffering from injuries from the fall, expect Rhoda will be home soon......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baron, you are hereby notified that you have exceeded the permissible number of falls and other accidents, and are required to eschew all injuries for a minimum of two years. After that time, we will review your case to see whether you will be permitted future transgressions.

    From my lips to God's ears. Courage, mon ami.

    ReplyDelete